The Lowball - Machined Whisky Tumbler - Gotham
The stealthy option. The work on our bottle opener finally taught us a process for making a black that we LOVE. Here is is applied to The Lowball in extremely limited quantities.
Not Just Any Old Day: The Lowball was born from the desire to amplify the precious moment at the end of a hard days work, or to cap off an adventure with friends in style. The Lowball is all about engaging the senses and hopefully helping capture some more vivid moments.
A radical aesthetic departure from the crystal glass norm, 'The Lowball' emulates traditional snifters by utilizing a unique CNC Lathe to cut a complex hourglass internal shape. Each individual tumbler is milled from aerospace grade aluminum and painstakingly machined textural details on the exterior allow for maximum grip and comfort. Two-tone anodized in-house, the inert coating prevents contamination of the whisky.
Excessive? Maybe, but some might say that aging a drink for 18 or even 30 years is excessive - we beg to differ
- CNC Lathe contours the interior to create the perfect whisky hourglass snifter sillouette
- External geometry optimized to cradle perfectly in the webbing of thumb and forefinger
- Advanced programming of the fourth axis on a CNC mill to create hundreds of intersecting passes of the cutting head, resulting in a beautiful gradient texture
- Inert coating promises zero contamination of whisky
- Optimized “lip” to minimize drip